Womaness x Style With Bree x In the Groove Modern Makeover Contest
Womaness x Style With Bree x In the Groove Modern Makeover Contest – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: Womaness x Style With Bree x In The Groove Modern Makeover Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Los Angeles County who are at least forty-five (45) years of age as of the Entry Period (defined below). Employees of the Contest Entities (defined below) and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, and the immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings and husband or wife) of each such employee, together with those with whom such employees are domiciled, are not eligible to participate.
- CONTEST ENTITIES: The Contest is sponsored by Wellfound Inc. DBA Womaness, located at PO Box 28705, St. Paul, Minnesota 55128 , Style With Bree , located at 4339 Radford Ave #4Studio city CA 91604 , Next Act, LLC d/b/a In The Groove, located at 8491 Sunset Blvd #2500 West Hollywood, CA 90069 (“Sponsor(s)”). Elissa Goodman Nutrition located at 132 N Edinburgh Avenue LA 90048, Striike Salon located 9278 Civic Center Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 and Makeup By Nikkila Rose located at 23603 via Corsa Valencia, ca. 91355 are prize providers (collectively “Prize Providers”). Sponsor(s) and Prize Providers are collectively referred to as “Contest Entities”.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes your (“entrant’s”) full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which are final and binding. Receiving a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Official Rules will be posted at www.stylewithbree.com.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The entry period for the Contest begins on April 4, 2022 at 12:01am 8:00 a.m. PST and ends on April 13, 2022 at 11:59 PST (the “Entry Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
- SUBMISSIONS AND ENTRY: To enter the Contest, during the Contest Period log on towww.stylewithbree.com/contest (the “Website”) and follow the provided instructions to complete and thereafter submit the entry form, which includes your name, home address, telephone number, email address, and date of birth (along with the Photos, Information and Essay (defined below), the “Entry”). As part of the Entry, you will also be required to submit the following items:
(a) a statement of three hundred (300) words or less (the “Essay”) on “Why I Want a Makeover” which should include any relevant facts (e.g. if you have a special event coming up in your life);
(b) two( 2) photos of yourself (each a “Photo”);
(c) complete the questionnaire (the “Information”).
You may submit the Photos, Information, and Essay online according to the provided instructions on the Website. The Essay must be submitted in the English language. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s) and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Please review the “DETERMINATION OF WINNERS” section for details on how winners will be determined. Your Entry must meet each of the following requirements:
(i) The Entry must be owned by you;
(ii) The Entry may not contain any improper use of trademarks, logos, or copyrighted elements. Any such use that is determined by Sponsor(s) to be an improper use (such as using a trademark in an inappropriate manner) may result in the disqualification of an Entry. Any content that appears in the Entry including, without limitation, images, music, audio, speech, or other audiovisual materials used must be entirely original, created and performed solely by the entrants, or be in the public domain. Use of any content that is not original or in the public domain may result in disqualification of the Entry, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion;
(iii) The Entry may not be obscene or indecent, it must not contain defamatory statements, it must not include threats to any person, place, business, or group, it must not invade privacy rights or any other rights of any person, business, or group, and it must not name or depict any third party without his/her permission; or
(iv) The Entry may not depict or encourage any dangerous, life-threatening, or otherwise risky behavior;
(v) Your Essay must be original (that is, written by you), true and verifiable.
(vi) You must have the permission of any person that you identify or otherwise refer to in your Entry.
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person.
- ENTRANT’S WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS: By submitting an Entry, each entrant warrants and represents:
- The Entry (i) is original and owned to the entrant, (ii) does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or any other rights of any third party, (iii) does not violate any law or regulation, and (iv) has not previously been entered in any other Contest, and (v) the entrant has the rights to freely use the Entry without restriction.
- SPONSOR’S RIGHTS TO ENTRIES: By submitting an Entry, each entrant:
- Irrevocably grants to Sponsor(s), their agents, licensees and assigns the unconditional, irrevocable and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, distribute, exhibit, and otherwise use the Entry as-is or as-edited (with or without using the entrant’s name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from the entrant or any other party.
- Forever waives any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude the Sponsor’s use of the Entry, or require the entrant’s permission for the Sponsor(s) to use the Entry.
- Agrees not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Sponsor(s) on the grounds that any use of the Entry, or any derivative works, infringes any of the entrant’s rights as creator of the Entry including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights.
- DETERMINATION OF THE WINNERS: On or about April 18, 2022 Bree Jacoby, stylist and Susan Feldman, founder of In The Groove and (“Judges”) will review the eligible entries received during the Contest Period and select a potential winner (“Winner), based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”): Necessity of a Makeover (50%), Originality (25%) and Creativity (25%). In the event of a tie, the Judges will break the tie by selecting the tied entrant who received the highest points from the Judges for Necessity of a Makeover as the potential Winner. In the event a tie remains, the tied entries will be judged by an additional tie-breaking Judge, using the Judging Criteria, to determine which of the tied entrants will be the potential Winner. Decisions of Sponsors and Judges are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Contest. Winning is subject to verification of eligibility.
- NOTIFICATION AND REQUIREMENT OF WINNER: Potential Winners will be notified the week of April 18, 2022. Sponsors reserve the right to extend the Contest Period if in their sole discretion, Sponsors do not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries. The potential Winner will be notified by email and/or telephone and may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability, and, except where prohibited, publicity release (collectively, “Contest Documents”) within two (2) days of such notification. Noncompliance within this time period, with these Official Rules or the return of or inability to deliver any prize/prize notification may result in disqualification and, at Sponsors’ discretion, and time permitting, an alternate potential Winner may be selected from among all eligible remaining entries based on the Judging Criteria.
- CONTEST PRIZES: The winner of the prize (“Prize”), will receive the following: one (1) makeover consisting of a new hairstyle and eyebrow makeover from Striike Salon valued up to ($1350), (2) a closet edit at the Winner’s home and a style update by Bree Jacoby -wardrobe stylist, valued up to $2000 (3) Wardrobe valued up to $2500, and (4) a consultation with Elissa Goodman, holistic nutritionist valued at up to $700, and (5) a makeup session valued at up to $500 Estimated Retail Value of all the Prizes is seven thousand dollars ($7000) Odds of winning prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Sponsor(s) will determine all details of Prize in their sole discretion, including but not limited to each Winner’s hair color and style, and the style, color and type of outfit provided to each Winner in the makeover. Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a similar Prize (or Prize element) of comparable or greater value in their sole discretion. Winners must be available to be awarded the Prize on the dates indicated above between the hours of 6:00AM ET to 2:00PM ET or on such other date and at such other time as specified by Sponsor(s) in their sole discretion or prize will be forfeited, no compensation or substitution will be provided in lieu thereof and Sponsor(s) shall have no further obligation to winner. Other restrictions may apply. All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize are the sole responsibility of each Winner. Prize cannot be transferred by Winners or redeemed for cash and is valid only for the items detailed above, with no substitution of Prize by Winners. If Prize is unclaimed within a reasonable time after notification from Sponsor(s), as determined by Sponsor(s) in their sole discretion, it will be forfeited, and time permitting, an alternate Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries at Sponsors’ sole discretion based on the Judging Criteria above.
Sponsor(s) shall have no responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of Prize due to reasons beyond Sponsors’ control, and are not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof.
Sponsor(s), in their sole discretion, may choose to record the makeover. If Sponsor(s), in their sole discretion, elect to incorporate the audio and video recording of the makeover (the “Recording”) into The Today Show or other television shows, the taping and/or the Recording will not be considered an employment opportunity, and Winner will not be entitled to compensation or credit therefor. The nature of the Recording will be determined by Sponsor(s) in their sole discretion. If the Recording is broadcast, such broadcast will be at a time, for a length of time, and on a date determined by Sponsor(s) in their sole discretion. Each Winner will be required to return completed and signed appearance releases, confidentiality agreements and such other documents as may be required by Sponsor(s) prior to such Winner’s participation in the taping, if any. Failure of any Winner to complete and execute these documents in a timely manner, as determined by Sponsor(s) in their sole discretion, may cause the Prize to be forfeited. The content of the Recording as, and if, finally exhibited and the number of exhibits and re-airs thereof, if any, will be determined by Sponsor(s) in its sole discretion. Winners will have no right of review, notice, or approval of the content of the Recording or any exhibition or exploitation thereof. Sponsor(s) have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any Winner, cause the Prize to be forfeited, and remove such Winner from the taping at any time, if the Winner’s behavior is deemed by Sponsor(s) to be disruptive or if it may or does cause damage to person, property, or reputation of Sponsor(s) or if it otherwise violates the policies of Sponsor(s), or if Winner does not follow the directions of Sponsor(s) at all times. These Official Rules and the Contest itself are neither a contract nor an application for employment.
- PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY: Entrants will have the opportunity to receive information from Sponsor(s) and selected partners by checking the appropriate box(es). If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive materials from Sponsor(s) or their partners, please go to Sponsors’ privacy policies, located at https://womaness.com/pages/privacy-policy,
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor(s) reserve the right, in their sole discretion and at any time, to disqualify any Entry it deems in appropriate for any reason whatsoever. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor(s) may, in their sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prize according to the judging criteria from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor(s) reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor(s) reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor(s) to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to ownership of any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Contest is subject to federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS; INDEMNIFICATION: By entering, entrants agree that their Entry shall comply with any and all laws, statutes, regulations, rules, or the like applicable to the posting of photos, videos, or other media on public websites (including all rules of Facebook). By entering, entrants agree to defend, indemnify and otherwise hold Contest Entities and their agents, representatives, affiliates, officers, directors, and employees (the “Released Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or relating to (a) the content in entrant’s Entry; (b) any technical errors that may prevent an entrant from submitting a Entry; (c) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; € the receipt, transfer, use, handling, transportation, storage, hosting, posting, or display in any manner of the Entries, (f) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including any such claim by Contest Entities’ employees or any third parties. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. In addition, Sponsor(s) reserve the right to report inappropriate Name Entries to any applicable law enforcement authorities.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, and the forum and venue for any dispute shall be in Los Angeles, California. If the controversy or claim is not otherwise resolved through direct discussions or mediation, it shall then be resolved by FINAL AND binding arbitration administered by JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures or subsequent versions thereof (“JAMS Rules”). The JAMS Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be experienced and licensed to practice law in California. All proceedings brought pursuant to this paragraph will be conducted in the County of Los Angeles. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
- CONTEST RESULTS; The Winner(s) will be posted on www.stylewithbree.com following the close of the Contest and determination of Winner(s).
To accept these terms and continue to the entry form, press “I accept.” To decline and exit the page, press “Decline.”